Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


August 01, 2004

Man oh man... what a night! I just got back from Rufus Wainwright's surprise show at Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles... and the whole experience was pretty... amazing! I got to the venue two hours before showtime, two hours after tickets went on sale. Of course, by this time, the venue was sold out. Hotel Cafe is tiny. Cursing myself (how could I not have known?!), I decided to wait around and hope get in some way or another. Along the way, I met some really cool Rufus fans (who also couldn't get in), and we hung out together in the little "Losers' Lounge" outside the front entrance... catching glimpses of him as he entered and exited the restaurant, straining to hear the show through the walls, over the sounds of midnight city traffic. Eventually, our loyalty and patience paid off, because we were finally let in about five songs into the set!

The set was most unusual and quite excellent. He played "In My Arms" and "Rebel Prince" by request, plus four new songs (including the brilliant "Memphis Skyline"). It was such an intimate venue--no more than 100 people--and Rufus was in great form. On our way out of Hotel Cafe, we said hi to Kirsten Dunst, mingled some more with the fans, and felt thoroughly satisfied all the way home.

P.S.--I've updated my pics section and travel galleries. Check 'em out!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger j.i.g. said...

Hmm, I don't know much about any of these artists. When is the show? We'll see if I'll be in California or not.

Hot threeway action! FMM, MFF, MMM, or FFF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home