Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


January 05, 2005

Hi. The holiday season is officially over, but the Christmas tree will probably stay up for another few weeks at least. Stephen gets all romantic about Christmas trees. I spent New Year's weekend doing a whole lot of nothing, just staying up late surfing the Internet then waking up the next day at noon. My life isn't as exciting as it used to be. Last night I went to a Sebastian show, which I haven't done in months, maybe even a year. It made me feel interesting again.

So I guess when my mind gets restless like this, it starts to think of its own ways to amuse itself. I've been trying to think of a way to describe the "language" of vulgar insults using context-free grammars. Even though Ben says it's too hard to describe natural language this way, I think it's possible to do it with a small subset of language. So far, my definition would be able to generate the phrase "ass-guzzling bastard-eater," so as you can see, I still have some work to do...!

P.S.--Harold and Kumar came out on DVD yesterday. I advise you all to watch it!

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jer said...

But Jean, you're ALWAYS interesting -- well to me, anyway. It was quite nice to see you over the holidays. Good luck with them context-free grammars. It seems a worthy pursuit.

Your fan,
Jeremy

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger j.i.g. said...

The show was good! Lots of people came. He did some very pretty ballads with a cellist. Plus he gave out a single entitled "2005: The Song," which is 26 minutes long and awesome.

And thank you guys for cheering me up. You are true friends, you ass-assing ass-assers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home