Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


August 24, 2005

Hi! I'm in San Francisco! I just got back from the Rufus and Ben show!! Wow!! First of all, Davies Symphony Hall is sooooo beautiful. When all of us were singing together during "Not The Same," the sound was so rich and resonating. Hey, Ben has a drummer and bassist now. Why did they only perform two Ben Folds Five songs? Why? Why? (Okay, I should be more progressive. Ben Folds' music is evolving, and I should appreciate that. :P)

Rufus followed Ben (after a very rousing duet of "Careless Whisper" :P). Sometimes I can't believe how much Rufus can move me, as a vocalist, and as a composer. He performed a bunch of new songs, which was really exciting. Also, the crowd was so captivated... for a lot of the songs, there was just utter silence, waiting for the last note to finish ringing, before bursting out with applause. He did some really exquisite performances of "Poses," "Memphis Skyline" and "Hallelujah." I love all those songs, and when I heard them... oh... my heart...

I participated in the usual meet-and-greet after the show, mingling with fans, meeting people, telling stories. There were a lot of people from the Wiltern shows up here in SF! I got a really great pic with Rufus! I can't wait to post it. :P

Aright, time for sleep. Tomorrow, Saratoga!!

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Jer said...

My good friend Mark was at that very show. I talked to him about it last night. He informed me that Rufus Wainwright is probably the gayest man alive, but also that he has an freakin' incredible voice. I already knew both of these things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home