New Year's Resolutions.
Okay, so I'm two weeks late. I was busy partying, then I was busy working, but now I have time to think about last year, and set goals for this one.
I had one resolution last year. I made it when I realized that 1) everything is a ploy to get you to spend your money and 2) crap I buy just ends up cluttering my apartment. I turned anti-consumer and resolved to stop buying things. I did pretty well! It was hard sometimes -- buying things is really pleasurable for me (I re-discovered this when I redeemed the gift cards I got for my birthday/Christmas), but for the most part, I limited my spending to things which were necessary, useful, and enriching.
I traveled too much last year, but had a lot of fun too. It was a great year John-wise, and a very difficult one family-wise. I hope this year will be better all around. Mostly, I'm looking forward to finishing my Hawaii travel and having the freedom to pursue things seriously again. Here's my 2007 checklist:
-Marry John.
-Live in one place for more than 1 month at a time.
-Take music classes.
-Cry less.
-Exercise seriously and regularly.*
-Learn to cook.**
*Okay, what kind of exercise should I do? I was doing well with swing dancing for a while, but I'm not interested in meeting/flirting with/getting groped by strange men anymore. I was thinking either Curves (the all-women fitness club across the street from my apartment), yoga, or ballet.
**It's not that I don't know -how- or don't have ideas, it's that cooking solo-mission is pretty unsatisfying and, in my opinion, not worth the effort. Advice?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home