Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


April 25, 2007

Boas, Fans Dances, and the "W" Word.

Burlesque dance lesson #2 was pretty fun. It wasn't as strenuous as last week's lesson. Hooray! We got to play with burlesque props -- luxuriant feather boas, giant fans, chairs, and everyone's favorite, tassels! Burlesque is such a strange art form, and I love it. Hey, there's going to be a burlesque event in Glendale on June 7th. We should go!

You know what? I AM NOT BENDY. That's one thing I've learned from having an instructor who is a ballet dancer. I need more yoga.

John's here this week, and we've been doing wedding planning non-stop. Tasks accomplished: selected officiant, hired caterer, put deposit down for florist, decided on musicians, found equipment rental companies who hopefully won't rip us off, printed invitations, and finally understood why brides sweat the details (because there are so! goddamn! many!) You know what the most frequently asked question is by vendors? "So what's your theme color?" Honestly, I hadn't thought about it because I didn't think it was very important in the grand scheme of life and marriage. But apparently, it is. (By the way, they're green and gold.)

Coachella is this weekend. Yay vacation! But why would Coachella schedule Rufus against Jesus & Mary Chain, and Andrew Bird against The Decemberists? *cries*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, giant fans!! I wish I could've gone to the class with you, but I'm just been so busy. So much for having free time now that I don't have a job :P
And next Sunday is my parents' 35th anniversary, so I don't think I'll be able to go to the next one either. But the burlesque event sounds fun!

As for wedding details...yah. Remember my episode of "Chair covers! CHAIR COVERS!!!"? And the chair covers outside were *still* baby blue. *exasperated sigh*

But hey my stress is over. Well, kind of. There's still a bunch of wedding remnants all over the apartment right now. Hence the busy :P

Luv,
N

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger j.i.g. said...

But I guess the lesson is, even though the outside chair covers were baby blue, you still got married, and people still had fun. Yay for perspective!

I don't think I will have chair covers. But I just found out that my personalized favors of choice have gone out of stock. :(

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for green and gold! brings back junior high. :)

boo for coachella and its evil event planning logic!

-meli

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger j.i.g. said...

Hah, I had forgotten that those are Edgewood's colors! They're Cal Poly's colors too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home