Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


December 14, 2007

I love you, Squeezy.

For the past few years, I've been toying with the idea of learning to play the accordion. Two months ago, I saw an ad on craigslist for a used one and decided to take the plunge. Today, I am totally infatuated with this instrument! It's so fun and intuitive!

I've been learning from a series of children's music books which contain progressive exercises and solo pieces. They're great! I pretty much breezed through the first two books, and now I'm starting to get into the repertoire that challenges me more (and also causes me to make that distinctive "hee-haw" accordion sound :P). In addition to the traditional oom-pah-pah stuff, I can also play a decent number of rock and folk tunes. Thank you, G, C, and D!

Yeah, so I'm pretty much obsessed now. Do you want a rep list? Oh yes, you do.

Paint it Black (Rolling Stones)
Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
easy part of Bohemian Rhapsody and guitar solo (badly) (Queen)
Wild Thing (The Troggs)
Amazing Grace (?)
Talk To Me Of Mendocino (McGarrigle Sisters)
Gentle Annie (Stephen Foster)
Plaisir d'Amour (Faure)
Everything from Accordion Course Books 1 and 2 (Palmer-Hughes)

I also take requests! Please, no Stairway.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

FREE BIRD!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told to come here and holla!...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!111!!!!1!1!!!1 :D

Luv,
Nerissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home