Eye doctor.
I went to the optometrist today. I had a nagging feeling that my prescription had changed, but mostly I was fed up with my old frumpy glasses. It's been 5 years! I trotted out of the office with a new pair of contacts (the world is in focus again, yay!) and a receipt for glasses that look approximately like this:

Yep, I bought two-tone Buddy Holly glasses in tortoise and lavender. I'm now fashionably equipped to blend in at concerts with Weezer, The Decemberists, Ben Folds, They Might Be Giants... and, um, wherever else young, ironic hipsters flock. Sorry to rush, but I have to get ready for a date with The Mountain Goats at the Natural History Museum. Ta-ta for now! :)


4 Comments:
weird! i too went to the eye doctor today and left with a new prescription and fresh contacts! and i tried on glasses and barely restrained myself from buying some lavendar ones!
sisters! these coincidences would almost be creepy if i wasn't so used to them.
love, meli
Oooh, snazzy glasses! :)
I actually got a new pair of glasses too a couple of months ago (I went to the optometrist during spring break).
And speaking of Ben Folds...when is he playing again? I miss his magical fingers and hot hot ass ;)
Spectacled solidarity!
Looks like Ben Folds doesn't have any tour dates lined up around SoCal right now -- he's doing a European tour this summer.
Oh man, Meli and Em can go see him since they'll all be in Europe this summer.
Alas, I'm only going to make it as far as the east coast this summer.
Post a Comment
<< Home