Hamsters and turtles and birds, oh my!
John and I have decided to grow our family... the easy way!
Introducing... Adzuki! (That means "red bean", in commemoration of Dumpling Day and red rodent eyes.)

Adzuki may be cute, but he is fierce! All hamsters nibble, but Adzuki draws blood. He eats enthusiastically, sprints on the wheel for hours, runs in high gear in the hamster ball, and loves to climb.

Meet Andy Bird and Dr. Zoidbird.
They are parakeets. I don't know much about birds, but I'm hoping to learn! They're pretty quiet and nervous right now, but they'll warm up to us soon. I promise not to eat you, little guys!


10 Comments:
Congrats :) I love the name "Dr. Zoidbird"... a nice tribute to that wonderful squid creature. My experience with parakeets has been mixed. I've owned one good parakeet and one really, really evil one (as in tried to drown the other parakeet and also regularly charged at me like a raptor). So here's to hoping none of yours turn out evil.
Don't forget Andy Bird! His namesake has a really pretty whistle, too. :)
No signs of evil yet! (Except maybe in the hamster...)
hahaha...I love the names too ;)
I wish upon you much better luck with your parakeets than I had with mine...though, living in California is better than a drafty winter in Massachusetts any day.
When did you have a parakeet? And what happened to it?!
Mmmm adzuki...so tasty! And Dr. Zoidbird...I hope you aren't planning on starving him like his namesake! hehe ;)
And Dumpling Day...when are we doing that again?
Soon, I hope!! :)
i'm scared of adzuki. at first glance, he looks soft and cuddly, but something in his eyes tells me that i am safer with him behind bars. :P
love, meli
p.s. i want in on dumpling day! :)
jean: my poor little parakeet Chester...I'm sad thinking about it now. =( It also happened the weekend after I broke up with Emm, so not a happy time:
http://umassem.blogspot.com/2006/10/meet-chester.html
I wish your parakeets safe and long happy lives, which I am sure they will have! I have since turned to gardening, and my plants are doing great! =)
Aww, I'm sorry about Chester!
I can't believe I didn't get the "Andy Bird" name until you pointed it out to me :)
Post a Comment
<< Home