You may have heard from Melissa that my dad was recently hospitalized to remove a cancerous tumor from his colon. That means that during my daily hospital visits this week, I have learned more about my dad's digestive tract than I ever wanted to know. I've also witnessed an remarkable demonstration of resillience by both my parents. My mother has been at his side every day for 12 hours a day, performing acts of heroism (like emptying his colostomy bag!!) without even batting an eyelash. My father is somehow managing to smile through the pain, joking with nurses to try to get them to smuggle extra doses of Vikodin. I know I hardly ever admit this to them, but my parents are awesome.
I feel sad right now. I kind of enjoy the sadness, though.


3 Comments:
Yeah, he looks stronger every time I see him. He's going home on Sunday! Thanks for your concern.
Admiting that your parents are awesome is a difficult thing to do, for who knows what reason. But it's suprising sometimes to realize what strength they have in tough times, and makes you wonder if you can even handle kids yourself. Ever.
I am glad to hear that your dad is doing better. And I bet telling your dad that he's awesome will make him better even faster! =)
Jean, this is Jill, I'm sorry that I didn't visit your site until now. I'm glad to learn of how strong your family is. :) Not that I have too much to offer, but if you ever have any questions, you can ask and I'll try my best to find the answers for you. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home