Fun with Craigslist
So, I was browsing the personal ads on craigslist... (I may not be in the mood to buy, but I LOVE window-shopping!), and I stumbled across this in "men seeking women":
***
Tall,skinny, geeky, dark haired girl next door? - 48
...You are usually casual, trendy in low cut blue jeans and street wear, bonus points if you wear & own converse all stars, have very long or very short hair, maintain a healthy sense of humor, are spiritual, appreciate the beauty of simplicity...
***
He goes on to say how he's looking for a younger woman with a passion for arts and music. I don't know who this guy is, but he SO has a crush on me.
Now, I happen to believe that defining a specific set of preferences is the road to relationship disappointment, because 1) the perfect partner you envision probably doesn't exist, 2) people are too complex to be fitted into "types," and 3) it can cause you to pass up someone really good, someone with other wonderful qualities you never even thought of!
However, I apparently am this guy's "type." Wait a minute. When did *I* become a type?? Ugh!
Oh well. At least he didn't include "Asian" as one of his criteria. :P


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home