Road Trip of Insanity!
Hello sweeties! I'm back from the road trip of insanity! Why was it so insane, you ask? Well, John, William, and I, hungering for our first ski fix of the season, decided we would go skiing somewhere after the New Year. Our options were:
Mammoth/Tahoe area (~6 hour drive)
Cottonwood Canyons, Utah (~10 hour drive)
Southwest corner of Colorado (~13 hour drive)
We wanted a place with good snow and short lines -- a difficult thing to find during the holidays! So, we packed our bags and galloped away to Colorado! On the way, we saw a lot of Arizona, and I remembered what a beautiful state it is! We passed through the red desert, Flagstaff, Navajo land (where I ate fry bread for the first time -- yum!), and finally, the mountains!
The skiing was wonderful! No crowds, soft snow, and sunny skies! Until...
You know that Monster Storm that brought copious amounts of rain to L.A.? It was about to dump -feet- of snow on us in Colorado and probably cause road closures on the way back. So we left one day early. :(
But it was still worth it! I love road-tripping!
***
In other news, this week's Savage Love is priceless. Deconstruct that patriarchal heteronormative discourse!
Labels: travel


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home