Dream interpretation time!
I had an awesome dream last night, one so full of Jungian possibilities that I had to share it here.
First, Emily was in my dream! Yay!
We were in Europe. It was nighttime. There was... some kind of unknown force chasing us; the important part is that throughout the dream, we were trying to escape. At first, we were outside in the night, riding our escape vehicle of choice, a bull. Wooo! At some point, I reached down to the ground to pick up some objects while riding. One of them was a cat. I am awesome.
Later, we dispensed with the bull and were running on foot, through a house with many doors. The doors didn't make sense -- they didn't lead to where we expected them to. So we just ran straight ahead, through whatever door we saw. Eventually, we were in a stall in a public restroom, and there were no more doors.
So I flushed us.
The pipes were very weirdly shaped -- thin and angular -- and I saw Emily and me in weird geometric shapes as we squeezed through the pipes.
When we emerged, we were in California! It was daytime. I had lost my purse, one that John gave me. Before I could go through the annoying banality of replacing my credit cards, I woke up.
What does it mean? What were we trying to escape from? What do the doors symbolize? And the pipes?
I'm gonna play fortune-teller in the comments section. I am going to post a few interpretations, as well as explanations for the symbols from an online dream dictionary. Anyone else want to play?


7 Comments:
I believe the cat and purse represent John. Maybe this dream is about traveling to Europe without him, perhaps revealing some hidden feelings of apprehension? And although my European adventures with Emily will be awesome, and may or may not involve bull-riding, running wildly, and Harry Potter-esque modes of transport, what I really wish is for her to come home! :)
Interpretation of symbols from dreammoods.com:
Night - Night may be synonymous with death, rebirth and new beginnings.
Escape - To dream that you escape from injury, from an animal, or from any situation, signifies your good health and prosperity. You will experience a favorable turn of events.
Bull - It indicates rich, prosperous, and� abundant life. Bulls are also symbolic of repressed sexual energies, fertility and virility.
Cat - Cats signify an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power.
House - To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system.
Doors - To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. A door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.
Bathroom - To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal.
Pipes - To see a pipe in your dream, indicates that you are open and receptive to new ideas. It may also represent your connection to those around you.
Day - To dream of a sunny day, symbolizes clarity and/or pleasantness. You are seeing things clearly.
Purse - To dream that you lost your purse, denotes loss of power and control of possessions. It also suggests that you may have lost touch with your real identity.
Hahaha! Apparently, the dream was about sex.
I find it interesting/suspicious that all of the symbols can be easily categorized: change (night/day, escape, shifting house, doors, pipes), sex (bull, cat, bathroom), and self (house, purse).
Change. Sex. Self.
According to this interpretation, the dream is calling for some sexual self-discovery.
Yo!
I've always believed that dreams are the random combination of unconscious thoughts you didn't have time to fully explore during the day. I'm not sure that specific parts have meaning, but the overall picture can tell you something.
You ever had a dream about flying? I know lots of people that say they dream all the time about flying. But I've never once in my life had one.
What happened to "flying backwards with great speed"?
I've never had a flying dream. But! I have dreamt I was walking and tripped. I woke up with a start before hitting the ground. I know, not as dramatic as falling from a great height, but still. :P
I'm undecided on how much meaning dreams contain on their own. I do believe that the conscious mind can find meaning in random sets of symbols (like tarot cards, astrological forecasts, and dreams sort of), and that the connections made by the conscious mind are significant. Dreams are a lot less random, though.
"Flying Backwards" was more like being thrown, not really hovering above the earth or soaring through clouds.
I have the falling dreams all the time. People say if you hit the ground before waking, you never wake up. Which is bogus, cause I've hit the ground.
I just remembered I had tried to post this a few days ago but somehow it didn't go through, so here it is:
You mentioned change, sex, and self Whatever your dreams mean, don't change your sex! You're hot as a woman ;D
Post a Comment
<< Home