Damn, I've had a good week. Here's what happened...
On Tuesday, I saw San Gabriel Seven, a local jazz band fronted by my friend Dominic. The band was talented and the venue was very posh. :)
Wednesday, John and I went shopping for stuff to wear on Friday (see below). Had a voice lesson. Rested.
On Thursday, we saw the King Tut exhibit at LACMA. It was nice, saw some impressive craftsmanship in gold and lapis lazuli, learned a lot about ancient Egyptian ideas on death and the afterlife... but where was King Tut? They actually didn't show very much from his tomb, which was a bit anti-climactic, don't you think?
That night I attended Lindy Groove's Haunted Costume Ball, which was the most impressive costume party I've ever been to! Everyone there was in costume! And really, really, good costumes too! There were some really convincing zombies and pirate ghosts... in addition to a few more, hmm, innovative costumes like Bubble Bath Girl and Neon People... :) I went as Sexy Scientist. A few people objected, "So, you came as yourself!!" while others flirted, "Will you take my temperature, Doctor?" :P But as you, my loyal readers have requested, I will be posting pictures soon...
Friday was Magic Castle -- an upscale magic-themed club set in a large and very confusing castle in Hollywood. Invisible Irma was there -- she played Sweet Caroline for us... :) Melissa and I wore our hilarious dresses and looked fabulous. One of the magicians told us we were dressed like the girls from Mothra. YES! Also, we saw a magic act in which SO MUCH poultry was summoned from midair...
Saturday, John cleaned my kitchen. He cleaned my kitchen, people!!
Sunday, John and I christened the new kitchen by consuming a real meal in it. That was wonderful...
We also went to Huntington Gardens and checked out the new Conservatory for Botanical Sciences, which was superfun and interesting. There's an exhibit on bogs and carniverous plants, which was of special interest to me, given my reputation... ("beautiful, but deadly!!") Also, we're members now! That means I can take one guest per visit for free from now on... any takers?
Sunday evening we went to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the new shiny curvaceous building on Grand Avenue. Inside we saw a violin recital by Midori (accompanied by Charles Abromovic on piano). It was amazing... how do you produce such a full and rich sound, with just two instruments, and no microphones?! They did a Prokofiev piece, which was utterly breathtaking...
Now John's on a plane, which makes me sad. Time to return to the ordinary life...


1 Comments:
> A clean kitchen...did you cook food in it? What did you eat?
There wasn't any time for actual cooking, though we did go to Whole Foods for salad stuff, plus prepared-already fish and veggies. Hey, do you use organic veggies in your cooking? It really tastes better, and is better for you...
> Are we allowed to buy them?
Venus fly traps are definitely available. I had one when I was younger! And unless you have bugs flying around your office, you'll have to feed it yourself. :P
> how would you be able to tell that you've had an exciting day as opposed to an "ordinary" day?
Hmm, you would think so... and yet, every experience with John is thrilling... even the everyday becomes extraordinary with him...!!
Post a Comment
<< Home