Machine I Been

She's a thoughtful cyborg, with a mind that grows and grows...


July 20, 2008

Sleepy post.

Today I'm blogging from my pajamas, the morning after a long night out with old friends. Jeremy, Cing, Alice, and I began the day with a trip to the Getty Center, where we roamed around the gardens, looked at art, enjoyed the cool ocean breeze, listened to a groovy live band, and told stories. I miss them! Several times during the day we commented that we'd rather walk around together than go to our high school reunion, but, alas, we'd already paid for our $75 tickets.

Turns out, our 10-year reunion was pretty fun! I carpooled with Jeremy, meaning we got to share music recommendations, and he has really good taste. Thanks Jeremy! The reunion was held in a small banquet room in a very nice hotel in Long Beach. The music was loud and bad, but the food was good and the company was better. Most everyone still looks young and sexy, and I saw a few people I hadn't seen in a really long time! All in all, I'm glad I went.

In other news, I cut my hair! I lost 10 inches, so now my hair is just a bit longer than shoulder length. It's also layered, though it took 2 separate stylists to achieve the look I wanted. (Seriously, what kind of stylist hears "layers" and cuts sections which are mere millimeters different in length? He also cut it shorter than I wanted, but hey, it'll grow back.) Also, I donated the longer strands to charity!

In even bigger news, I'M NOT GOING TO HAWAII ANYMORE. I recently returned from my last Hawaii work trip ever. We had a little wine and cheesecake party, as well as a ceremonial Last Pushing of The Button (yes, my job has been reduced to mere button-pushing). I know I always angsted about going to Hawaii all the time, but the truth is, it was sort of a second home to me. I'll miss it!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I wanted to go too, but as you know, I didn't end up going :(

As it is, Aaron and I are still getting settled into our new place and hopefully things will get resolved and we won't have to move again next week. Yah, it's pretty bad.

But if things do get better in the new place, we're looking to have a get-together on Sat, Aug 2 :) It's not official yet, though, until we get everything fixed.

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: You'll have to tell me more about the reunion! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home